Kohala Zipline - Kohala Zip & Dip
Enjoy a full day of ziplining, swimming under a tropical waterfall and exploring the Big Island’s tropical rainforest. Your adventure begins with a scenic drive from the Kohala resort area to the lush northern tip of the island near Hawi. After you arrive at the Kohala Zipline Station, your zipline trek begins. Zip across 9 lines, cross 5 suspension bridges and do a rappel from a tree on this fun Big Island zipline course.
After the Kohala zipline tour, you’ll continue on to Pololu Valley, where you’ll enjoy a delicious lunch served at a stunning lookout point. You’ll then enjoy a short rainforest hike. Walk over an aqueduct bridge and see tunnels carved from solid rock. Along the way you’ll learn about ancient Hawaiian history and geology and visit several beautiful waterfalls with the option to swim at one of them.
- Zip across 9 lines, cross 5 suspension bridges and do a rappel from a tree
- Zipline course includes 14 tree-based platforms
- Enjoy two short hikes (150 yards and 500 yards in length)
- Swim at a stream with cascading falls overhead (optional)
- Enjoy scenic views of the Kohala Coast, the Island of Maui, and ancient Hawaiian agriculture site
- Two certified canopy guides
- Snack and deli lunch (choice of ham, tuna, turkey or veggie sandwich)
- Assorted soft drinks and juices, souvenir water bottle
Kohala Zipline Adventure
Zip Across 9 Lines
Small Zipline Group
Walk over an Aqueduct Bridge
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 8:00 am. Below are the driving directions from Kona/Waikoloa/Mauna Lani to the Kohala Zipline Station in Hawi:
1) Head north on Queen Kaahumanu Hwy (Route 19).
2) Turn left on Akoni Pule Hwy (Route 270) heading towards Kawaihae/Hawi.
3) Arrive at Kohala Zipline station just past Hawi.
Approximate drive times:
From Waikoloa Mauna Lani: 30 40 minutes
From Kailua-Kona: 60 70 minutes
Kohala Zipline, 55-515 Hawi Road, Hawi, HI 96719
- All Guest Must:
- Provide Proof of a negative COVID-19 test through the Hawaii Safe Travel Program or proof of 14 day quarantine (airline generated flight itinerary). Test results must be presented upon check-in.
- Complete a Health Questionnaire and temperature check with contactless infrared thermometer completed prior to participation.
- Wear a face mask at all times in the vehicle and wherever social distancing is not possible.
Please bring your own water bottle for use on tour. Water bottles are available for purchase at Hawaii Forest and Trail and a jug will be available for refills.
- Participants must weigh between 70 and 270 lbs and be at least 8 years old.
Minor children require a parent or guardian to sign their participation agreement, and children between the ages of 8 and 13 require an adult to go on the tour with them.
This tour is not for those with back or neck problems and expectant mothers.
Participants must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle short ascents and descents.
Lightweight pants or knee length shorts and a T-shirt are recommended because of harness.
May wear swimsuit under clothing for waterfall part of tour.
- Special Notes:
- Includes all safety gear (helmets, gloves & harnesses), snacks and deli lunch.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols:
Tours are limited to 6 guests and 2 guides per tour.
Washable glove liners and headcovers protect guests from any direct contact with their gloves or helmets.
All PPE and high touch points are sanitized with CDC approved sanitizers between each tour.
All staff and guests must pass a COVID screening that includes a temperature check and questionnaire upon arrival to the premises.
Paperless check-in minimizes contact on-site.
All transportation to and from the top of the zipline course takes place in open-air Pinzgauers.
Masks will be required indoors and anywhere where social distancing is not possible.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Thursday & Friday with some additional days (please refer to calendar)
- 8 hours