Kohala Zipline - Kohala Canopy Tour
Located on lands known since ancient times as Halawa, the Kohala zipline course is surrounded by beautiful forests and features soaring platforms built into majestic trees. Enjoy a 9-line zipline trek that includes arching suspension bridges. Soar above ancient taro terraces and past native kukui and eucalyptus trees. The Kohala Canopy Tour is a Big island zipline adventure unlike any other!
An exclusive feature at Kohala Zipline is their dual WhisperLines, which consist of double cables with durable coating to ensure your safety and comfort. Redundant safety systems with multiple attachment points are the standard at Kohala Zipline.
- Fun aerial trek that includes suspension bridges and a rappel
- 9 zipline runs in total (ziplines get progressively longer)
- Walk across suspension bridges connecting ziplines
- Tour ends with an exciting rappel from the final tree
- 9-Line Zipline Canopy Tour
- 2 certified canopy guides on every tour
- Approx. 2.5 – 3 hours, start to finish
- Rain wear, water, snack, all safety gear included
- Where and When:
- Check in 30 minutes prior to your tour time.
Driving directions from Kona/Waikoloa/Mauna Lani to the Kohala Zipline in Hawi:
1) Head north on Queen Kaahumanu Hwy (Route 19).
2) Turn left on Akoni Pule Hwy (Route 270) heading towards Kawaihae/Hawi.
3) Arrive at Kohala Zipline station just past Hawi.
Approximate drive times:
Mauna Lani: 30 40 minutes
Kailua-Kona: 60 70 minutes
Kohala Zipline, 55-515 Hawi Road, Hawi, HI 96719 View Map
- All Guest Must:
- Provide Proof of a negative COVID-19 test through the Hawaii Safe Travel Program or proof of 14 day quarantine (airline generated flight itinerary). Test results must be presented upon check-in.
- Complete a Health Questionnaire and temperature check with contactless infrared thermometer completed prior to participation.
- Wear a face mask at all times in the vehicle and wherever social distancing is not possible.
Please bring your own water bottle for use on tour. Water bottles are available for purchase at Hawaii Forest and Trail and a jug will be available for refills.
- Participants must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short climb.
Participants must wear closed-toed walking shoes.
Lightweight pants or knee length shorts and a T-shirt are recommended because of harness.
Participants must weigh between 70 and 270 lbs and be at least 8 years old.
Minor children require a parent or guardian to sign their participation agreement, and children between the ages of 8 and 13 require an adult to zip with them.
This tour is not for those with back or neck problems and expectant mothers.
- Special Notes:
- Includes water, snack, all safety gear (helmets, gloves & harnesses).
COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols:
Tours are limited to 6 guests and 2 guides per tour.
Washable glove liners and headcovers protect guests from any direct contact with their gloves or helmets.
All PPE and high touch points are sanitized with CDC approved sanitizers between each tour.
All staff and guests must pass a COVID screening that includes a temperature check and questionnaire upon arrival to the premises.
Paperless check-in minimizes contact on-site.
All transportation to and from the top of the zipline course takes place in open-air Pinzgauers.
Masks will be required indoors and anywhere where social distancing is not possible.
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours